Enrolment for the PhD Program shall be usually, but not compulsorily, on annual basis in the Fall Term (September) or Spring Term (February).
a) The PhD Program is open to Nepali and non-Nepali nationals with:
- A research-oriented master’s degree such as MPhil or MS by Research in Management releated disciplines OR a Master degree* in Management or Functional Management Disciplines; or Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Public Administration, Sciences, Sociology, Statistics from the universities recognized by Kathmandu University;
- Minimum CGPA of 3.25 on a scale of 4.0 or 60 percent in aggregate;
- One individual research proposal containing the prescribed components (Research Proposal Format)
*In case of Master degree, conditions of pre-requisite courses apply
b) Selection of the candidates shall be based on:
- Evaluation of the research proposal submitted along with the application form
- Presentation on research proposal
- Scores on the Admission Test
- Personal interview
- Merit of academic attainments
Special consideration would be given to the following factors at the time of personal interview, proposal evaluation and presentation:
- Articulation and depth of interest in research and specialization in management;
- Demonstrated potential in pursuing research work and specialization in management; and
- Publication of research article
- The annual cycle of PhD program will be as follows:
Summer Term (June – September);
Fall Term (September – January); and
Spring Term (February – May).
- The duration of each term will be of 14 weeks.